If you’re looking for a simple and sweet gift for a special dad, you’ll love this free dad photo collage template. This would make a great Father’s Day gift, or you could give it for any special occasion or even anytime, just because.
The quote is by John Keats, originally written in a love letter, and I think it’s such a sweet sentiment from a child to a dad.
The photo collage template is a layered Photoshop file that you can download and add 12 of your own photos to. The square photo frames are perfect for your Instagram pictures, and also work well for both horizontal and vertical photos.
I made two different versions with different fonts for you to choose from; one is more elegant and the other is more childlike, as though written by your child.
This photo collage is great for dads of babies and toddlers but it would work just as well for a son or daughter of any age.
Here’s how to use this free dad photo collage template to make a personalized gift:
- Click the link below to download the .psd file to your computer.
- Open the .psd file in Photoshop.
- Open your 12 photos in Photoshop and crop them to 450 pixels square, (300ppi [pixels per inch] if possible for best printing resolution).
- Copy your cropped photos into the collage template file. The way I like to do this is to float the window for the photo, click on the photo layer and drag and drop it into the collage window. Now you can close your photo and don’t save the crop changes to it.
- Using the move tool, arrange the photos over the gray squares as desired.
- Now reorder the layers – drag each photo layer to directly above its corresponding gray square layer.
- Right click on each of your photo layers and click “Create Clipping Mask” from the popup menu. The photo is now visible only within the gray square beneath it. Now you can save the file if you want, and it’s ready to print.
- Print directly to your photo printer (trim to 8×10 if printing on 8.5×11 sheet), or
- To print at a photo lab instead: click Save As and choose JPEG from the Format drop-down menu, then set to maximum quality in the JPEG Options Popup, click OK. Send your jpeg to your photo lab for printing as an 8×10.
- Frame your photo collage print in any 8×10 frame.
Ready to download the template and get started? Here they are! Click the image link for the version you would like, and the download will begin automatically.
I’m offering these free of charge (for personal use), but I would love to know how you’re going to use it – Is it a Father’s Day gift? Is it a collage of your baby, preschooler, teenager? Which version do you like better? Leave me a comment below, it would make my day!